COVID-19 UPDATE: Local Outdoor Expansion Programs May 24,2020

If you wish to expand your liquor licensed premises into outdoor space beyond your current patio, you will need to submit an application for this temporary expansion with the state in addition to applying with your local municipality. The Liquor Enforcement Division has issued two bulletins detailing the parameters of these temporary expansions and how to apply. You can read them here and here

What's Required:

  • Form DR 8442 - found here 
  • Attach a diagram of the new premises with an outline of the entire licensed area
  • Proof of your permission to use the modified area to include but not limited to statements of use, permits, easements 
  • A control plan which details boundaries of the licensed premises, ingress/egress, signage, hours of operation, and preventing sales to underage or intoxicated persons. Example here.
For the fastest response, please email a completed application to There is also a $150 application fee. 

Attorneys at our Legal Resource Center partner Dill + Dill have drafted possession forms you can use as you expand your patio into neighboring space. See an agreement for a landlord/tenant relationship here, and an agreement for a third party here

Insurance Considerations for Outdoor Expansion

Click here.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Endorsed Providers

Corporate Sponsors